If you want to grow healthy plants at home then, it is necessary that you use nutrients. Hydroponic nutrients is the best way to feed you plants with the most essential nutrients. These nutrients make plants healthier and also help them to increase their yields at the end of the day. Basically using hydroponic nutrients is the most economical way to grow your vegetables, fruits and flowers. There are 20 elements that are needed for a plant to grow well. Carbon, oxygen and hydrogen are the only elements that are absorbed from air and water. The other remaining nutrients are mineral elements that can be dissolved in the nutrient solution. A good hydroponic nutrient should consist of all these mineral nutrients; calcium, nitrogen, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, zinc, potassium, Sulphur, copper, molybdenum, boron and chlorine.
Buying hydroponics nutrients can prove to be a hassle considering the fact that there are a number of products on the market. Down below l have compiled a list of the 5 best hydroponic nutrients from which you can choose from.
5 best hydroponics nutrients
Humboldt’s Secret Golden Tree
This is one of the best plant food for vegetables, trees and fruits. It is an all-in-one nutrient solution. It helps plants to grow at a faster rate and it also increases the yields. In addition, it is a great stimulant product especially for when the plants are in their vegetative and flowering stage. Golden Tree works well with other hydroponic nutrients solutions like General Hydroponics. For best results you can use it at least once or 3 times a week. When mixed with water a pint sized can make about 250 gallons nutrients solution.
It is well recommended for indeed being a secret ingredient for successful plants growth. It has an online rating of 4 out of 5 stars and it cost around $50.00
- Can rescue and revive dying plants
- It is quality fertilizer that is ideal for flowers, trees, vegetables and fruits
- It increases crop yields by as much as 50%
- The overall quality of yield is also greatly improved
- Accelerates plants growth
- Provide plants with essential food that is always not readily available in fertilizer
- It increases the rate of photosynthesis by activating enzymes involved in plants growth
- It has a slight smell
- It can kill plants if it is applied directly and if you do not follow the dosage instructions
Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formular: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
It is the best hydroponic nutrient for all fruiting and flowering plants. It is a great trio plant nutrient. For best results, you have to use the Grow Big first as it promotes leaf growth and vegetation. Tiger Bloom is ideal to utilize when the flowers begin to turn into fruits. As for Big Bloom it works best as a supplement. It helps to increase your crops harvest. It’s a plus because you can use it throughout the whole growing cycle.
It cost around $44.00 and it is one of the most well recommended products. It has an online rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- It increases nutrient cycling
- Helps plants to have better flowering and bountiful harvest
- It is the best fertilizer for growing medical marijuana
- It helps to heal the plants root systems
- It works well on later-season flowers and fruits
- Poor dosage measurements can affect the plants growth
General Hydroponics General Organic Go Box
This is also one of the best top hydroponic nutrients product. This ‘go box’ is fully assorted with a variety of different organic nutrient solutions. Each nutrient solution from this box serves a very specific important purpose. It has just about every essential nutrient that you can use to grow any plant you desire.
This is a must have for all organic gardeners. It cost around $45, 85 and has a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It is the best organic plant food that offers a bit of everything for your plant
- Each product in the box serves to enrich your garden
- It is a natural vegan formulation, which makes it safe to use
- It works well with all types of plants
- It promotes beneficial microbial activity in the root system
- It offers flowering and fruiting plants essential nutrients for superior blooms and bountiful harvest
- One of the products BioThrive Bloom is ideal for plants in their flowering and fruiting stage of growth
- It is ideal for all soil types and can be used in pot mixtures
- Product can separate into clumps, which makes it un-usable
- It stinks
Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro and Grow
The best 3 part hydroponic nutrient solution with so many benefits to offer, for both your plants and soil. It has fulvic acid which is very nutritious, it helps plants grow well. It does not alter the soils pH levels but it automatically keeps it balanced. It cost just around $30, 05 and it has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- Easy to use and ideal for beginners
- It has molecules that ensure that your plants get maximum amount of nutrients
- Adjust pH automatically
- It encourages growth of plants
General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo fertilizer
This is one of the top hydroponic nutrients. This combo is most popular and well recommended for its ability to increase yields and greatly improve the quality of the crops. It is safe to use and you can easily adjust the mixtures to fit your own plants needs. This combo package is a must have if you want to successfully grow your plants. This product aids flowers to bloom and the vegetables to grow in weight and size. It is however advisable that you shouldn’t mix Flora Micro with other undiluted formulas. It causes the other ingredients not to work to their full potential.
It is affordable costing around $33, 95. It has an online rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. It is my top pick as the best hydroponic nutrient.
- It consist of complete primary, secondary and micro-nutrients for enhanced yields
- Works well with all types of plants
- It helps to increase the crops quality
- It is the best original building block nutrient system
- It enhances flavor, nutrition, essential oils and aroma in soil cultivated plants and hydroponic systems
- Easy to use and it is also good for the soil
- It does not have phosphorus
- Hydroponic nutrients are easier and more effective to use than home-made nutrients solutions
- It is an easier and quicker way to feed your plants with the most essential nutrients
- It increases root growth and speeds up the seed germination process
- hydroponic nutrients help to accelerate plant growth, it is an effective way to grow plants up 5 times as fast
- helps plants in their vegetative stage to grow tall and leafy
- increases the crops quality and yields
- Always check the label before using, follow the instructions on the package or content, use the recommended dosage quantities for effective results
- Always choose hydroponic nutrients that contain potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus. These are the core nutrients that help plants to grow healthy and aid them increase their yield
- Liquid nutrients solution is a better choice compared to powdered solution. Powdered solutions are hard to mix and use
Hydroponic nutrients is the secret ingredient to growing healthy plants, to speed up growth and most importantly to improve yields. It consist of all the necessary essential nutrients for a plants growth. Plants require different nutrients at different intervals of their growing cycle. With hydroponic nutrients you are capable of providing them with these nutrients at different stages when they require them.